Zoho Email Configurations
Steps to Configure Zoho Mail account as IMAP in Outlook for Windows
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook application in your Windows system.
- Click File >> Add Account.
- Locate and select ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ >> Next
- In the ‘Choose Service’ page, select ‘POP or IMAP’ >> Next.
- In the ‘Add Account‘ page, provide the following details:
- User Information
- Your name: Your preferred display name. This will be used in the emails you send from Outlook.
- Email address: Your Full email address (email@example.com)
- Server Information: For specific configuration related to your account, check this section.
- Select IMAP from the Account Type menu.
- Incoming server: imappro.zoho.com
- Outgoing Server: smtp.zoho.com
- Logon Information:
- Username – Your Full email ID (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password – Your Email Password (Use Application-specific Password if Two-Factor Authentication is enabled for your account.)
- User Information
- Ensure that ‘Remember Password’ is checked, and click More Settings.
- Outgoing Server tab: Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and ensure that Use same settings as my incoming server is checked
- Select the Advanced tab and configure the Settings as follows:
- Incoming Server (IMAP): 993
- Select SSL from the drop down menu for encrypted connection.
- In Outgoing Server, Select SSL from the drop down for the encrypted connection.
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 465
- Click OK
- You will be redirected back to the ‘Add New Email Account’ section.
- Click Test Account Settings to check the configuration info.
- When the tests are successful, Outlook will display a popup as shown below. Click Close. If you see any errors, check the troubleshooting section.
By default, our SMTP Servers automatically place sent emails in the Sent folder. However, when you send an email with Outlook, it also saves another copy in your Sent folder there.
To avoid duplicates in the Sent folder, change the following settings:
In Outlook 2007:
- From the Tools menu, select Options and then Preferences
- Choose Email Options and uncheck Save Copies of messages in Sent Items folder.
In Outlook 2010:
- Select your Zoho account from the Account Settings menu and click Change
- Choose More Settings, click Sent Items and select, Do not save copies of sent items.
Downloading full messages
By default, Outlook downloads just the Sender, Subject, and the Date Information (headers) when syncing email. It downloads the full message only when you click on that email. You can change this behavior by changing the Send/ Receive Settings.
ZOHO Mail for iPhone/iPad:
1. In your iPhone, Tap Settings >> Accounts and Passwords >> Add Account and choose Other >> Add Mail Account
2. Provide your Name, Email Address, Password and a short description to the account. Tap Next
3. On the next screen, ensure that IMAP is selected in the top for account type.
4. incoming mail server : imappro.zoho.com
5. Provide Your full Email Address & Password
6. USE SSL Enable
7. Server port 993
8. Outgoing mail server : smtp.zoho.com
9. Provide Your full Email Address & Password
10. USE SSL Enable
11. Server port 587