BACKUP ALL MYSQL DATABASES COMPRESS SINGLE SCRIPT [SOLVED]
How to do backup ubuntu server's all the mysql databases single script [Solved]
Here the simple intro, how my script works. Please read the script fully before you execute. Actually there is no harm there but you have to do what you doing..
- backup each mysql db into a different file, rather than one big file
- as with --all-databases. This will make restores easier.
- To backup a single database simply add the db name as a parameter (or multiple dbs)
- mkdir -p /vv_files/backups
- useradd --home-dir /var/backups/mysql --gid backup --no-create-home mysql-backup
- Remember to make the script executable, and unreadable by others
- chown -R mysql-backup:backup /var/backups/mysql
- chmod u=rwx,g=rx,o= /var/backups/mysql/dump.sh
- crontab entry - backup every 6 hours
- sudo crontab -e [ set your desired timing. 6 hrs is safer for sysadmins]